We are interested in getting to know you
Desired Characteristics in Employees
- Team Player
- Clear Communication
- Excellent Time Management
Compensation & Benefits
Our compensation package is competitive with the industry. Our salaries are comparable with the prevailing range within our industry and our benefits package includes medical insurance, vacation pay, 401(k) and an automobile allowance for our sales reps. OWP Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you applied for a posted position:
Your application will be reviewed carefully by the appropriate manager and will be considered for an interview based on your skills and previous work experience. If you are not selected for an interview at this time, your resume will remain on file for six months and may be considered for any similar positions that become available within that time frame. We are committed to good communication, and will contact you via email both at the time of receiving your resume, and also at the time of interview selection.
If you submitted a speculative application:
Your application will be reviewed carefully by our team for a fit with any upcoming positions. If there is not an open position that fits with your skills and experience, your resume will remain on file for six months and may be considered for any positions that become available within that time frame. We are committed to good communication, and will contact you via email both at the time of receiving your resume, and also at the time of interview selection.
About OWP Pharmaceuticals:
OWP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a privately held, commercial-stage neuroscience specialty pharmaceutical company. Established in 2015, the company currently delivers quality branded and generic neuroscience medications. Its strategic focus is to support neurologists, psychiatrists, and patients in the U.S. with commonly used products, and to donate a significant portion of the profits to the ROW Foundation, so that the foundation can provide resources for those living with epilepsy and associated psychiatric disorders in under-resourced areas of the world. Moving forward, OWP will be dedicated to developing and commercializing novel oral liquid formulations, aligning with its goal of expanding the business model of single source and multisource generics to include more complex 505(b)(2) IP protected branded products in the pipeline.
Most recently OWP submitted for U.S. patent protection, for the first-ever oral suspension of atomoxetine hydrochloride. This follows the announcement of the potential introduction of oral liquid formulations for lamotrigine, topiramate, quetiapine fumarate, and duloxetine hydrochloride.
All offer important delivery alternatives for drugs often used for a variety of conditions in neurology and psychiatry, including epilepsy, bipolar disorder, migraine headaches, schizophrenia, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). The company hopes to commercialize these products over the next several years via 505(b)(2) applications, in keeping with its new focus on reformulated, approved therapeutics with no currently available liquid formulation. These alternative dosage forms may be preferred by patients of many ages who have trouble swallowing tablets or capsules or who experience swallowing difficulties. Healthcare providers may also find that in this form, it may be easier to titrate and adjust dosing.
The Senior Director, Marketing is a key member of the Marketing and Sales team focused on ensuring the ongoing marketing management of legacy products, as well as the successful launches of all the oral liquid formulations in 2022 and beyond. The Senior Director, Marketing will partner cross functionally to lead the development and execution of marketing strategies, tactics, and messaging to all key stakeholders during market development, launch and post-launch phases and as a key member of the management team, be expected to wear multiple hats. The position will report to the CEO and Founder, Scott Boyer, and is located in Naperville, Illinois, just outside of Chicago.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Build collaborative relationships with key internal partners (sales, analytics, operations, market access, medical) and work effectively with them to drive success for the organization and for the brands.
- Build strong relationships with key customers and organizations dedicated to the neuroscience area.
Turning Insights into Actionable Plans
- Identify and turn insights from HCPs and other key stakeholders into actionable programs that have a beneficial impact on the growth of the business.
Brand Planning Coordination and Development
- Coordinate the brand planning process for the entire team from situational analysis through executive leadership review.
- Lead the development of marketing strategies, tactics, positioning, messaging, and sales collateral for multiple stakeholders including physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, office managers, pharmacists, and caregivers across both personal and nonpersonal channels.
- Remain current with customer, competitive and marketplace activity to contribute insights and perspectives to the broader team and brand plan.
Brand Plan Execution
- Collaborate, align, and coordinate with sales leadership/field sales, promotional medical education, cross-functional partners, and external agencies to deliver appropriate tactical mix on time and within budget.
- Oversee the effectiveness of programs and initiatives including success tracking criteria. Develop project and tactical assessments and valuations (ROI) that leverage analytics and research to identify successes.
- Partner with:
- Legal, Medical and Regulatory for review and approval of all materials prior to FDA submission and distribution.
- Market Access to provide input into the value proposition and to deliver market access materials to ensure consistency of branding and messaging.
- Medical Affairs to incorporate insights into launch planning and to develop scientifically accurate and compelling content to support key assets and programs.
- Commercial Analytics to develop and track brand insights.
- Training team to develop training tools.
- Sales Management leaders and team for field communications.
- Entire team to coordinate activities at congresses and other sponsorship opportunities.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Education and Experience
- BA/BS required: Advanced degree in Business, Marketing, or Life Sciences preferred.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of pharmaceutical marketing experience. Neuroscience experience a plus.
- Demonstrated and increasing responsibilities in marketing functions in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry, preferably with some managerial responsibilities.
- Ability to thoroughly learn the market, the disease states, and the products quickly.
- Experience in developing marketing strategy and tactical design with an ability to communicate ideas to internal partners and external agencies.
- Product launch experience.
- Demonstrated evidence of growing brands, identifying growth opportunities, and gaining alignment to execute against a strategic growth plan.
- Belief in the corporate mission.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a cross-functional team-based environment with external/internal stakeholders and partners. Demonstrated experience in leading strategically, driving performance and fostering teamwork.
- Commitment to making a positive contribution to the company and to establishing trust and credibility with team members.
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence co-workers toward common goals, foster collaboration and enable teamwork.
- Ability to set priorities and demonstrate leaderships traits.
- Strong interdependent partnerships, collaboration, influence, and negotiation skills.
- Proven skills in the following: brand marketing, market and competitive analysis, marketing program development, project planning and management, managing financial information and budgets.
- Ability to deliver presentations to senior management and the board of directors.
- Ability to rapidly identify issues and effectively implement solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills with an ability to build alignment around goals and objectives.
- Ability to quickly identify customer or market insights based on market research and data sets.
- Exhibit knowledge of, and adhere to, all applicable healthcare laws and regulations, industry practices and company policies related to pharmaceutical marketing and promotion.
- 10-20% domestically once travel resumes.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings, field visits and will include overnight.
Our benefits package includes:
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- IRA Savings Plan
- RSU Stock Plan
Meet and/or exceed selected metrics and sales goals in assigned territory by developing, implementing, and executing an integrated territory business plan and delivering unparalleled customer service to key customer targets in Neurology offices. Deliver brand-specific presentations to appropriate health care professionals based on business and customer needs. Effectively utilize and manage all Company approved resources to drive TRx and optimize return on investment while maintaining a strong foundation of ethics and integrity in a compliant environment.
Key Job Responsibilities
This list is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. The incumbent may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position specific-tasks.
- Proactively sell and promote OWP products to targeted physicians and healthcare professionals in assigned territory and develop an appropriate territory business plan to positively influence their prescribing habits
- Develop and maintain relationships with influential customers in the territory (e.g. high prescribers, thought leaders, nurses, office staff and pharmacists) to enhance company and/or product loyalty and build the OWP brand
- Manage territory promotional budget to support sales and marketing activities
- Develop and conduct programs to enhance territory sales and build business plans to meet goals
- Seek and analyze information on competition, market and industry trends and discern how this could impact the business and adapt to changing conditions
- Effectively manage and prioritize time and resources (promotional budget, samples, etc.) to maximize sales
- Leverage understanding of product information to consult, influence and maintain customer relationships
- Customize discussions with customers based on understanding the customer’s practice and needs and the customer’s personality profile
- Actively participate in continuous learning and development programs, such as technical updates and professional skills enhancement
- Complete and adhere to all administrative duties, compliance policies and training in a timely manner
- Effectively communicate and interact with the OWP Inside Sales Team member(s)
- Adhere to Syneos and OWP standards and values for personal honesty, integrity, trust, respect, and accountability
- Project a professional image as demonstrated by appearance and clear communication skills. Treat others with dignity and respect
- Demonstrate persistence towards accomplishing defined sales goals and objectives despite obstacles and or rejection of original efforts
- Comply with established processes for Adverse Event and Product Quality Complaint Reporting
- Escalate healthcare professionals’ requests for additional product information to appropriate Medical Information personnel
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures and applicable state and federal rules and regulations
- Facilitate “product contracting” and “pull-through” with Independent Pharmacy chains
- Build relationships with Managed Care contacts to provide market access
- Understand all payer insurance segments (Medicaid/Medicare/Commercial)
- No relocation is provided
Position Purpose & Requirements
- Requires a valid Driver’s License issued in the state of residence, which must be maintained
- An acceptable driving record is a must
- Must have a dependable automobile with appropriate insurance coverage in compliance with company guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1-2-year pharmaceutical sales experience
- Neuroscience experience preferred
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills required
- Documented track record of success required
- Recent geographic experience preferred
- Product contracting and pull-through with independent pharmacy chains experience preferred
- Experience in building relationships with Managed Care contacts to provide market access preferred
- B2B, hospitality or strong customer service experience a plus
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated outstanding record as an individual producer making a strong impact in product launch situations
- Positive track record of consistent success and performance in complex markets with diverse customer segments
- Demonstrated understanding of Account Management/Total Office approach and ability to build strategic working relationships
- Proven ability to identify key opinion leaders and influential members of the medical community with respect to the medical specialties in Neurology and Psychiatry
- Ability to develop solid, logical business plans (based on sales opportunities) to ensure regular communication, education and follow up with medical community
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a primary resource to Physicians, Nurses, Office Staff, Pharmacists and Physician Groups
- Demonstrated ability to work with Prior Authorization and Pharmacy stocking situations.
- Demonstrated proficiency to utilize all approved computer programs to increase sales performance
- Action Oriented
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Exercises Grit
- Ethics & Values
- Customer Focus
- Integrity & Trust
- Drive for results
Are you passionate about a mission to provide quality standard-of-care treatment for epilepsy and neurological disorders for under-resourced patients worldwide? Do you have excellent customer service skills and the drive to contribute and innovate in a fast-moving and fast-growing pharmaceutical start-up? Come join our team!
About OWP Pharmaceuticals:
OWP Pharmaceuticals manufactures and distributes branded generic medication in the psychiatry and neurology space. As part of an innovative corporate ownership structure, our ROW Foundation owns a portion of our company and receives a large portion of our profits for education, technology grants, and medication distribution to patients with epilepsy and associated neurological disorders worldwide. A true Pharmaceutical Social Enterprise, our people are passionate, mission driven and work hard to maximize profits in order to maximize worldwide impact through ROW.
Job Type: Full-time
The Inside Sales Specialist makes outbound sales/marketing calls and receives inbound customer service support calls. The primary responsibility of this position is to make calls to Health Care Professionals, physicians & pharmacists to market or detail a specific product, or as a support to the Outside Sales Team. The main objective is to meet goals and develop strong relationships with clients.
This position is best suited for someone who can take initiative and adapt to change in a fast-changing environment. The main objective is to meet goals and develop strong relationships with clients. A desire to resolve problems for providers and patients and develop strong relationships with providers is crucial.
- Persuasive communication skills, both oral and written
- Powerful customer focus
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment
- Aptitude to learn technical and clinical product-related information
- Ability to analyze data from multiple sources and solve problems quickly
- Able to multi-task and work in different databases/software programs simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft programs: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and data entry skills
- Ability to perform standard office procedures, including standard phone and computer functions (Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite a plus)
- Ability to make phone calls, speak and hear clearly in order to communicate over the telephone
- Ability to work 40 hours per week
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Pharmaceutical or healthcare industry experience preferred
- Sales experience preferred
Associates Degree required; College degree preferred
Toggle details by clicking “+” or “-“.